Monday, March 23, 2009

Jaunt About A Thinkbox...

And I thought I had too much time on my hands...
Somebody's comprised a list of Beatles songs (185, to be precise) into their top-favorite order. Not only that, but they've written several paragraphs explaining their bloody life story in song, and why each track means so much to them... you know, all that stuff you get tired of reading after the first paragraph.
The list itself is intriguing, having a fair idea of what my own list might look like. We don't agree (on several levels), and yet every Beatles fan would most likely keep #185 the same (if not to replace it with the slightly less avant garde track 'What's the New Mary Jane', one of those fabulous ditties that you can't stand, but sing it for three weeks anyway... and is missing from this list).
Speaking of songs that stick in your head (even though it was spoken of in parenthesis), I've been singing this one for the past couple of days, and I haven't any idea why.


In other news, I finally got hold of some Bleeding Heart bulbs, so I shall be planting them as soon as I'm over this (according to the Dr.) acute sinus infection. Sounds a real drag, doesn't it?

Ricky The K's Solid Gold Time Machine