Friday, March 20, 2009

The Ballad Of John And Yoko...

On this day in 1969, John and Yoko were married!
I wasn't going to mention it, but I saw on Yoko's Twitter that they had up a lovely bit from The Wedding Album (part of the avant garde series by the Lennons), and I thought somebody might find it interesting. It runs about 25 minutes, and was (I'm assuming) the B-Side to the album, and it's called, simply, 'Amsterdam'.
Make sure you have your volume up!
And now, here's this...


In slightly related news, we watched episode three of the Mike Douglas show with John and Yoko last night... boy was it a laugh riot! This is the only clip I could find on YouTube, but John was really fanboying Chuck Berry when he made it onto the set to be interviewed, even going so far as to say 'I know everything you've ever done!'


Later on in the show, they did an improvisational set featuring their alpha brainwaves, and sliced cabbage for a macrobiotic dish (but not before John tied himself to Mr. Berry with an apron!). Oh yeah, now you want to see it...

Ricky The K's Solid Gold Time Machine