Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We're Turning Young Minds To Mush...

Yep, it's 100% true. Not only is the public education system a corrupt and abominable series of failures, but when we free our youth from their daytime sitters, we plop 'em in front of the TV to watch such drivel as Spongebob Squarepants.
Don't get me wrong, I grew up on Nickelodeon, Nick At Nite in particular (when they still played The Munsters, I Love Lucy... you know, the good stuff), and I saw the beginnings of the whole Spongebob thing.
I was still in school myself at that point, so I was forced to keep abreast of what was "hip", "cool", or whatever we were supposed to call it.
I digress... when the Hallmark Channel is running an episode of The Golden Girls I don't particularly care to see, I switch to The Nanny on the "new" Nick At Nite (how things have changed...).
What do I see during the commercial break? An advertisement for the "Spongebob's Greatest Hits" album, of course!
My blog senses started to tingle... and what I dug up tickled me to no end. This isn't the first CD for Mr. Squarepants (my, that sounds odd). According to the Wikipedia page for this compilation, the little yeller feller has had four previous releases!
We get young minds, and we turn them to goo.

Let's see what's going on in the think hatches of kids across our great nation...

(These youngsters will be in charge of my Social Security one day... I'm scared, Mommy!)

THIS is what I used to watch...

(I still think of this video when I hear that song...)

This has been an insane experience. I need something distinctly British so my blood pressure can get back to it's normal level.

See? Zero mind-mush here.

Ricky The K's Solid Gold Time Machine