Thursday, July 30, 2009

Twin Freaks, Futuristic Prostitute Robots, And An Opening Act...

So I found out that Paul will have an opening act for the remainder of his US dates... not that he hadn't had an opening act for his previous gigs, I just hoped he wouldn't do for Tulsa and Dallas. (More Paul! MORE PAUL!)
In a way, he's had an opening act each time I've seen him... during the Driving USA Tour, there was an odd circus thing, and for The US Tour, Freelance Hellraiser did a live remix of the Twin Freaks LP (I sound like I know what I'm talking about, isn't that crazy?).
Well, this time, it's an actual band... The Script, from Ireland. I decided to get acquainted with them (oh, the things we do for Paul!) before the exciting day, since we're all aware that when I know Paul is about an hour from taking the stage, I shan't know my arse from my elbow... this is what I've found so far...

What I find most exciting about them is that they probably drink the same kind of tea I do...
(Hey, Ginger... LILY ALLEN!)

Paul's more than worth having to set through the opening act for (even if it was, dare I say, Neil Diamond), especially when you get payoff like this...

That's more my speed! But Flaming Pie is in my Top Five favorite McCartney albums anyway, so I'll have to give a fangirly squee when I finally get to see him perform that song live. (Sounds very Rob Gordon, doesn't it?)

RANDOM CLIP TIME!

Ricky The K's Solid Gold Time Machine