Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We're Partyin' Like It's 1999!

I'm slightly obsessive about gardening. The smell of the dirt, the feel of your hands in the cool earth... oh, yeah, and you can plant pretty stuff in it, too!
Anyway, I check my violets every day for signs of life/distress/disease, and to make sure they have the right amount of water/humidity.
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the buds of flowers poking through the fuzzy leaves, and began to get anxious for their arrival... when properly taken care of, those flowers can last two months standing on their heads (petals?).
Today, the first buds started to open! I got so exited, I had to pull out the camera and take a few shots...



Now, you may be asking yourself how we're partying like it's 1999, yes?
Well, pull up an ice block and lend an ear.
While doing some spring cleaning,
we found some "interesting" technology...
prepare to feel old.



Here's a look at the whole gang...
Photobucket

What are we looking at?
Why, I'll tell you.
A PlayStation 2 (do they even still make those?) Eye Toy (pre-Wii!),
floppy discs, 512 MB iPod Shuffles,
my 7th grade English and Grammar curriculum (that was a while ago),
a lone cassette tape, tax software from '99 and '00,
and an optical mouse (the kind with the ball on the bottom)
user manual.
FUN TIMES!

And now, a song as old as this junk... I so enjoyed it when Ginger
would play this song
(since she was in control of the radio most of the time),
and it's still pretty darn fun...

Ricky The K's Solid Gold Time Machine