Monday, January 11, 2010

The Garfield Abomination...

I just saw the most disturbing thing whilst looking at the TV Guide... children of the 80's and 90's, look away!

Who here is familiar with Garfield and Friends?
Of course you are!


Well, twenty years later, meet the new Garfield Show...


If that's not appalling, I don't know what is. That's mild, if I may say so (and it's my blog, after all, so I may)... I've researched what they've done to Jon and Odie! It's terrible. I shan't go on, it's like trampling all over my formative years... it's like telling me that Stick Stickly was just thrown away after the mid-90's...

Ol' Stick and I were on first name terms...
(And, I must say, when we went to Nick studios back in '02, I was gobsmacked that it wasn't busy... we had the whole place to ourselves. Unfortunately, I had no idea what they were advertising, or even what shows were in the line-up by that point, but still, you would see it on TV as a wee naif and think, "by Jove, I'll get there one day".)

Moving on... I've been singing this all day, and I can't figure out why (it's been YEARS since I've seen this film)...

... and I've been singing it in that voice, as well.

I never thought of it before now, but doesn't Jimmy remind you of anyone?...
Photobucket

Let's hear it for nostalgia!

Ricky The K's Solid Gold Time Machine