Friday, November 27, 2009

Proof That My Internet Should Be Revoked...

Since the Pictures, Poetry, Prose blog took a slight hiatus (what, you didn't know?), the only blog hitherto that I knew was similar was the One Minute Writer. Well, joy of joys, the OMW brought Seven Days, Seven Answers to my attention. They're relatively new, so I hope it turns into a permanent thing soon enough. Be sure to check them out, it looks like a real riot!

In other news, the Christmas music season has officially started in Lunatic Mannor (as I type, this is the second time I've heard "Jingle, Jingle, Jingle" from Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer), and the Christmas tree and ornaments were unboxed this afternoon... yes, the holidays are upon us.
With all this talk of Santa, Frosty, and all their little friends, it gets me to thinking of this season of giving... what does it all mean?
For the answer, we turn to one of my favorite Christmas tunes... perhaps it will become a favorite of yours, too... be sure to listen all the way through, or it won't make much sense...


Ahh, Christmas, the season of tradition... well, I'd like to start a new tradition here on my bloggy blog. At the end of every post from now 'til Christmas Day, I'll be adding one of my favorite parts of the season, the Beatles fanclub records, saving my favorite for last (I'll leave you to guess which one that is).
Perhaps you're familiar with them, though most of you won't care, but we're going to give it a try, if that's alright with you (even if it isn't, it's my blog, you're the one torturing your brainbox with this drivel).
We're going to start with the lad's final Christmas greeting, more popularly known as "The Beatles Seventh Christmas Record". Recorded separately (as the group had effectively dissolved by the time this record was put together), and, if I recall, was pressed into the cardboard it was shipped on (therefore making any surviving recordings very rare), from 1969, here they are, in all their avant-garde glory...

Ricky The K's Solid Gold Time Machine