Thursday, February 19, 2009

A VU Of The Rat Pack...

Firstly, I'd like to get the fangirling over with. I got a new cell phone yesterday (an LG VU), and I'm loving it so far. I figured it out in the car on the way home from Amarillo last night, and I've already showed the rest of the family what they need to know. The only thing I have to figure out is how to put on personalized ringtones ('cause I WANTS 'em), but I'll figure it out soon enough.
Now, on to the event of the evening, The Rat Pack Is Back!
We took this handsome devil along with us...

And I think he had a good time! (I luvs dat man.)
My synopsis is as follows; Dean Martin impersonator... well, he was impersonating Dean Martin after all. How do you impersonate someone so spot on? (He tried, he really did... he just didn't hit it.) He was Grandy's favorite, but Grandy's terribly deaf.
Sammy Davis Jr. impersonator... I've never been a Sammy Davis fan, but this guy was GOOD. The highlight of the evening was when he went up to the drum kit for a solo. A+ there!
Joey Bishop impersonator... I don't honestly know enough about the real Joey Bishop to have an opinion, but I've been told to rest assured, he was GREAT. And he added to the show, made it fun, you know.
My personal favorite was the Frank Sinatra impersonator. He was the winner of one of those reality TV shows (which I watched, of course), and he deserved to win (not as much as the Little Richard impersonator, but hey, this guy is GOOD). He started off with one of my favorite songs Ol' Blue Eyes did, World On A String...


Overall, it was a fun show, a good time with family, and if they come back to town, we might have to take Grandy again!


In other news, I have to send heaping doses of positive energy to Yoko Ono on this, her date of birth, especially since she's working on her new album today! (I wrote this post out last night, so her birthday was actually yesterday.)


In honor of the special event, the Imagine Peace Tower in Iceland has been lit up, and you can see it LIVE via this webcam.
Happy Birthday, Yoko!

Ricky The K's Solid Gold Time Machine