Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fireman Radio... Dubbya. Tee. Eff.

As my tiny fingers fly across the keys of my beloved HP laptop, Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio on Sirius/XM is playing Jet for the 4th time today. Before that, they played Sing The Changes three times.
WHY?!?! Why in Aunt Effie's sake are they repeating themselves? WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY?!?!?!?!!? It's so silly. The man's got hundreds of songs. Really. Hundreds. And they're his GOOD songs, not the experimental, or weird... the melodic genius you think of when you hear Paul McCartney.
Don't get me wrong, Jet is one of those "God, this is good and I don't know WHY" songs, and when it comes on the radio you crank up the volume, sing along, maybe even do that little punch-the-air move (and it's a mindblowing experience live, too).
I just don't understand. I can see why they play The Fireman stuff... it's Fireman radio, after all. But it's like they put Wingspan Hits and History on repeat, threw in waaaaay too many bumpers, and play Auraveda twice in an afternoon (among other annoying Fireman tracks).
Let's just say, DON'T waste your 14 day free trial on Sirius for this. Go out and buy Red Rose Speedway instead. You'll thank me later.
And while I'm at it, I'll add a song to this post. I haven't heard it on the radio station yet, and it's all too often overlooked, not to mention one of the best tracks of the aforementioned album.

P.S. We're on Band On The Run (also a humbling live experience) #5 for the day. I can't handle much more!

Ricky The K's Solid Gold Time Machine