Sunday, May 31, 2009

You Must Remember (But Didn't Know About) This...

I mention British comedy quite often. If you've noticed, I'm a little out there, so far as our American standards go. Why, just this afternoon, the radio was on, and Total Eclipse of the Heart started playing... well, I just couldn't help but think of this...
(Hey, it was the only HQ clip I could find...)


Switch gears with me... my absolute favorite TV show of all time is As Time Goes By, starring the fabulous Dame Judi Dench. It's a beautifully done series, endearing, funny in all the right spots, and how do you not form an attachment to the characters? I cannot rave about it enough, as you do with anything you love.
CASE AND POINT (I know, you thought I'd never get there...): From 1997 to '99, BBC Radio 2 (the same channel that Ol' Russ was on, actually) adapted As Time Goes By to RADIO!
Needless to say, I went looking through all kinds of archives to find all three seasons (and I have done, but in .torrent format, so I had to download BitTorrent 6.1.2, which has proven itself to be totally confusing for my peabrain), and am in the process of getting the first season (which is taking forever... really, I'm not just being impatient).

In other news, while looking for The IT Crowd season 1 DVD easter eggs (which only a computer genius can figure out), I found this fun website... if you're an IT Crowd fan, you'll have fun with this one, just remember DO NOT BE LIKE ROY!


In even MORE news (do you see what happens when I bottle up these posts?), have you SEEN the New Moon trailer?


I was pleasantly surprised when Jacob transformed (the little slimeball), they did a fantastic job with the wolf! Not like the Lupin/werewolf in Prisoner of Azkaban, all sickly. It was an anorexic, balled, abused greyhound. You have an astronomical budget, big enough to bring in exotic cattle and pick all the lavender in the Scottish countryside, but you can't make a bloody werewolf? The CGI on Lenny the Shrunken Head was better, and it wasn't even cannon. Preposterous.

Enjoy a random clip!