Thursday, April 19, 2012

In The Wardrobe Of My Soul, In The Section Labeled 'Shirts'

Something we don't often discuss on the blog is just how ruddy much fun blogging is. I always just kind of figured that fact was obvious, considering I update rather more frequently than once a month. We've all been to those blogs that only post every third blue moon, and we all know how sucky that is (except Hyperbole and a Half, 'cause that is one helluva hilarious blog).
One of those rarely updated blogs belongs to Mr. Graham Linehan; the way I see it, though, if the man that helped give us Father Ted, Black Books, and The IT Crowd does not want to update his page for a while, he is more than free to do that.
Imagine my surprise, then, when I check his blog this evening and find this image staring back at me from my plasma screen...
Photobucket
Now, I'm not claiming victory or anything, but I SEE WHAT YOU DID, GRAHAM.
Photobucket

Look familiar?
Photobucket
Reginald Kitty is not amused.

After looking over the statistics, I have discovered that Reginald Kitty has made 116 appearances on the blog since his first appearance on January 26, 2010. Not to mention that he's been in the header since April 8, 2010.
Like I said, though, I'm not saying Mr. Linehan stole my idea to have an irate sphynx cat on his blog. That's a totally normal blog staple. Totally. Normal.


Still on the normal scale...


So normal, the Cleavers do it...


Nothing abnormal here, folks!



In other blogging news, I also love to track how folks come across my blog. It's a thing for me, I can't help it. You would be surprised at some of the bollocks people search for. I'm still confused which I find more disturbing: that people actually search for some of this stuff, or that my blog comes up in these weird searches.
I have a list of my favorites.
Do you wanna see 'em? Oh, come on, I've linked to the places I think these poor folks were directed to!
Photobucket
Reginald Kitty is not amused.

more like stupid
chicken in/with shoes
paddington bear g string
chris o'dowd leather
internet-stalking
edward swiderski and jillian harris

bachelor helicopter pictures
sunglasses for chickens
chris harrison hair
john alderton images
little white flowers in my lawn
you're weird

And, my personal favorite...
campaign carl cameron
I was so proud of that one, I screen capped it.
Photobucket

So, what have we learned from this experience?

*No one blogs quite like I do.

And it's probably best that way.

*People Google really, really, really weird stuff.
Photobucket
Fun fact: I have never Googled myself. I don't really need to, I know all about me. Now, some people, though... um, lets just allow that thought to fizzle.

*Music videos have never made sense. They never will, either.


*And -- most importantly -- NO ONE can replace our Reginald Kitty.
Photobucket