Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sketchy (Rusty) Santas...

I have to thank my sister for this link, and I also have to wonder why she hasn't posted this yet... although, admittedly, it's more fitting for my blog than it might be on Ginger's.
A familiar holiday scene would be all the little kiddies sitting on Santa's lap.
Well, ladies and germs, the fabulous blog, Sketchy Santas, embraces the best part of that holiday tradition... screaming children/creepy Santas... combined! (Has Graham Linehan been informed of this?)
I haven't seen this one on the site yet, but it's my favorite Santa picture... none other that Ol' Russ himself!
Give it a look, it'll put you right in a Christmassy mood.
So will this...


In other news, the Christmas Warden granted me pardon today, giving me an hour long public session of non-Christmas music! I danced like a topless puppy, basking in the glory of my Dave Clark Five collection.
I also played a little bit of this...

HAIL VENUS AND MARS!

With nothing left to add, it's time for another Beatles Christmas record! (Yes, I've got a healthy stockpile...)
In this installment, we're heading to 1965. General merriment from our favorite Scousers.
I can only imagine what the British fan club must've thought of the various versions of Yesterday, since the track was omitted from their "Help!" movie soundtrack, and, as far as I know, was never released as a single in the UK. They thought that a ballad on a Beatles record might hurt their image as rockers.
It was the only time that the US got a song that Britain didn't... it usually was the other way around, Capitol keeping several tracks from our flimsy records, while England got the whole thing. Lord knows why they did it that way, but it happened. They would even go so far as to start fadeouts early on US releases. Go figure.
Anyway... from 1965, here's The Beatles Third Christmas Record...