Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hot Pants At The Home Depot

I have high expectations that this post will not live up to my expectations. Either that, or it shall surpass them in a whirlwind of speeding color and accompanying light show, set to the theme music of my choice.
Be prepared.
Photobucket

In totally unrelated news, just this moment, the birthdays on BeatlesRadio announced that today was September 1. I didn't believe the announcer until I looked at the clock... it's 12:25 AM. Technically, BeatlesRadio, technically.
Speaking of Beatles radio stations, I somehow still get Beatles-A-Rama on iTunes Radio.
I have no idea why, but I'm just going to go with it.
Thanks, Beatles-A-Rama!
Photobucket

Believe it or not, we're not here to talk about Beatles radio stations.
Photobucket
I know, I even shocked myself!

Today, we're going to talk about the infamous Snuggie.
You know you've seen them in the shops, and you know what you've thought of them...

Yeah.
Well, prepare yourselves for the latest in Snuggie Ugly.
Are you ready?
Sure?
'Cause it's a good one.
Ladies and germs, it's the Santa Snuggie.
Please, take a moment and look at the link, I'll wait.

Welcome back!
I have only one question: they feel like they can spend ten minutes of QVC airtime on the Santa Snuggie, but they won't show the coolest Menorah ever?
Come on, QVC, use your thinkhatches!
Photobucket

It's now time for "Weird Stuff That's Been Floating Around In My Brain This Week"!
Are you excited?
Well, pretend.
Photobucket

We went to the picture show on Saturday (my brain still thinks that talkies are awesome, and decides to call the movie theater "the picture show". I don't know why it does that, but it does. I do not question this anymore), and this here advertisement was playing...

Normal, right?
It was, until some random kid starting singing along.
Now you want to go back and watch it again, don't you?

We also got hold of a bottle of HP Brown Sauce.
Photobucket

I am incredibly exited about this.
Photobucket
BROWN SAUCE! BROWN SAUCE!

However, we have no idea what we're going to put it on.
Photobucket
Thank you, creepy kid, I'll keep that in mind.

How about some funny advertisements?
I thought you'd never ask!
Photobucket

Deb's girls LOVE peanut butter!
Photobucket

I think Deb's girls love melted chocolates more.
Photobucket

Government is so wishy-washy, Charlie Brown.
Photobucket

I don't know what the Bush Tax Cut expiration has to do with Abbey Road On The River, but I'll go with it.
Photobucket

Which brings up an interesting point... you know they track your viewing history so they can advertise junk of interest to you, right? (If you were not aware of this... SURPRISE!) Apparently, my browsing history thinks I live in the UK.
Photobucket
My work here is done.

I shall leave you with this song, which, having not heard in about ten years, I start singing right out of the blue the other day while baking.
Naturally.


Sometimes, I wonder if you, dear reader have a boring life.
I'm sorry if you do.
Photobucket