Saturday, June 5, 2010

An Open Letter To Yoko Ono Lennon

Dear Yoko,
Tonight, my mother and I watched The Beatles LOVE documentary.
I would firstly like to commend you for taking such impeccable care of John's legacy, big details and small; it was very evident in the documentary that it's a task you don't take lightly, and we all appreciate it.
Something you said in your interview, though, has been ringing in my ears: I cannot quote it verbatim, but it was something along the lines of John being "just a voice now". I have to tell you that hearing you say those words just broke my heart.
The purpose of this open letter, then?
Words aren't good enough to describe what John means to me, but I want you to know that, in my own life, John isn't just a voice.
It's just something I thought you should know.

Thanks for everything, Yoko.
i ii iii

June 4, 2010

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Do I think Yoko will ever read this?
No.
Why did I do it, then?
Because I want to make sure that, to as many people as possible, John Ono Lennon doesn't just become "a voice".