Sunday, May 16, 2010

Paging Dr. Noir

Our little jolly to Red River this weekend was oodles of fun... really swingin', man, fab gear and that.
A few highlights (stop moaning!)...

There were elk...
Photobucket

The weather was just perfect...
Photobucket

We even got snowed on!
Photobucket

Overall, it was a loverly weekend!












Photobucket


What, you didn't think that was all, did you?
You aren't so lucky as to just see a handful of holiday slides and the day be over... that ain't the way things work in these here parts, Pilgrim!
I mean, you're free to go whenever you please, but that's just rude, don't you think?

Ye of politeness, pull up an ice block and lend an ear!

Here are some things that have been running about my brainbucket of late.

We got a funeral home brochure in the post while we were away (because funeral homes have to send their brochures to the living/potential customers). I, being a slightly macabre, psychotic human, enjoy morbid things like funeral home brochures, so I had to read the whole bloody thing. Wait, no, that didn't come out right... never mind.
Point? This photo was in the brochure...
Photobucket
My future funeral...

It makes me think of a song...

MOVING ON!

It's now time for another episode of...
YOU BE THE JUDGE!

My mother likes to watch The Tudors. You'd think that, what with my love affair with Great Britain, I'd watch it, too... I just never got a liking for it. The only thing I ever wanted to see on The Tudors was when Anne Boleyn got her head lopped off...

...which I was sorely disappointed in.
So, when I saw that the latest episode was being recorded, I decided we'd better watch something on our DVR while we had our dinner.
After we had finished our episode of "Are You Being Served?", the television was still on Showtime, or HBO, or whatever station The Tudors comes on. It was a different program, which I took no interest in, until I saw a familiar face; even in the little bitty viewing box at the top right corner of the DVR page, I knew who it was.
None other than Peter Facinelli, AKA Dr. Carlisle Cullen!
Except he didn't look like a vampire, obviously.
I'm used to seeing the whole chalky, supposed-to-be-dead look...
Photobucket
Yeah, that's the guy!

But was instead greeted by this...
Photobucket
What rock was I living under?

Which, in turn, reminded me of this...
Photobucket
You be the judge.



As I was enjoying my Billy Joel collection this afternoon, looking at the album art, something suddenly occurred to me.
Doesn't the cover art for Paul's "All The Best" compilation...
Photobucket

Look incredibly similar to the Billy Joel's Greatest Hits cover?
Photobucket
You be the judge.

Today's psychoses were brought to you by...


Oh, and one more thing... child of the 90's out on a mission, so to speak; Sugar Ray DID do a song called Someday. There. I said it.