Thursday, May 6, 2010

America, WTF Is Going ON?

I'm a current events freak. That goes without saying... I caught the news bug during the 2000 election, and I've been slightly psychotic about keeping up with daily happenings ever since.
I'm also a staunch Conservative... again, no surprise there. My pet peeve is not the economy, or the education system (though I have issues with each of those topics, to be discussed later)... it's illegal immigration. From the information I've given you, you'll probably guess my stand on the issue.
Part of the American spirit is to get passionate about our politics and the problems of the day, and this is going to be one of those posts.

I went to do my morning news check, as usual, when I spot the headline "Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees" Go ahead, read the article, I'll wait.


Photobucket


Did you read it?
Are you angry yet?
Heaven knows I was, and still am.

There are just too many problems to discuss with this incident. You know, like, you should be able to wear the American flag on whatever effing day of the year you want, because this is America, and we can. Or, you know, Mexicans living in America shouldn't be offended by someone wearing OUR nation's colors, or wearing OUR nation's flag on a supposed "Mexican holiday", because this is AMERICA, and WE CAN.
Or that people are too ruddy politically correct, and that we should all pull the sticks out of our arses. Yes, much too much to get into here.
The most I can say is that we need to get fresh blood in DC, take back what's ours, and tell everybody else to stuff it.
Where's Patrick Henry when you need him?

End of spiel.