Saturday, October 9, 2010

Seventy! Can You Adam And Eve It?

I tend miss a lot of things, and I know that. I suppose it's part of human nature to think that something is happening when you're out of the room, and we can't help that sneaking suspicion.
One thing I absolutely refuse to miss is October 9th of every year. Well, technically, I haven't missed any days of the year since I was born, but you get the picture. No matter what I do this day, I take out the time to wish my favorite guy a big ol' happy birthday.
No, not Chris O'Dowd...


This day can turn so bittersweet, but I prefer to celebrate the many facets of a truly wonderful human.

The Artist...


The Activist...


The House Husband...


The Poet...


The Comedian...

No, the Rolling Stones are not your hosts for this evening.

And, least we forget, The Musician...


Whichever John you know best, celebrate it today.
And to John: I raise my teacup to you, Darling. Thank you for everything now, then, and always. Big hugs and kisses, sweetheart, and happy birthday!