Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Chocolate Bells and Foil Money

Christmas this year has been a great kick in the pants. For starters, I have felt like this for the last ten days...
 photo KittyTeef_zps94c2c248.jpg


Through it all, I have been baking my little heart out for our huge Buford Christmas party...
 photo DSC01939_zpscecf8604.jpg
Homemade Eggnog Cheesecake, Snowball Cookies, Soft Gingerbread, Bourbon Balls, and my infamous Deviled Eggs.

...and, let's be honest, here, we all know how I cook...
 photo ThisIshowICook_zps444d2e96.gif
Cook's privilege to sample all ingredients! Also, that looks like vodka, not rum.

Then, yesterday, I come to find out that only about thirty percent of the usual participants in Buford Christmas are actually going to show up. I over-cooked, and have been frantically eating cookies ever since -- I have three dozen Snowballs, two dozen Gingerbreads, and three dozen Bourbon Balls, plus Cheesecake to eat, and four people to do it.
 photo Peppermint_zpsb7d62e93.jpg

Also in the last ten days since my surgery, I have wrapped about five dozen presents, which will now be sitting unopened in my Grandy's house until people eventually grace him with their presence.
 photo Presents_zps56dae76c.jpg

The most any of us can do is put Lilly in her little red dress, and try to have as wonderful a Christmas time as we can.


But, you know, this video helps...


So, this Christmas, I am reminded of wise words...
 photo DSC01938_zpsbcc2de6a.jpg

...and offer my own festive greeting.
 photo DSC01905_zps6d1fd512.jpg